WordCamps are casual, volunteer organized conferences that focus on everything related to WordPress. Each WordCamp is a little different, but they all share a similar goal. That is to provide an opportunity for people to come together and discuss their common interest in WordPress, learn from each other, network and have a great time doing it. A successful WordCamp depends on volunteers to make it all happen. Please consider volunteering to help make this WordCamp a success.
Event venue, timing
An Introduction to WordPress session will take place in Room 5050 in the Minto Centre at Carleton University on Thursday, May 1, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The main sessions of WordCamp Ottawa 2014 will take place at the Minto Centre at Carleton University on:
- Saturday, May 3, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – a full day of 45-minute sessions in three tracks
- Sunday, May 4, from 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – a half-day of 1 hour and 45 minute sessions in three tracks
- Learn more about the sessions.
On Saturday at 6:15pm, we’re hosting a networking get-together for all speakers and attendees. Please join us for some light food, refreshments and great conversations at Patty Bolands Irish Pub and Eatery at 6:15pm on Saturday.
Tickets will be $30 per person for the WordCamp main sessions on Saturday and Sunday, and $5 per person for the Introduction to WordCamp session on Thursday. To register.
Snacks and a lunch will be provided for attendees of WordCamp Ottawa 2014 during the main session on Saturday and snacks will be provided for attendees of the Sunday session. Learn more.
Sponsorship is an important source of WordCamp funding. It helps determine what we can offer in the way of refreshments, lunch, after-event networking, T-shirts and WordCamp Ottawa swag. Please consider becoming a sponsor of WordCamp Ottawa 2014.
Speakers and topics are being chosen to match the knowledge, experience and skills of:
- Content Creators, who want to learn how to publish content on a WordPress site
- Site Creators, who want to learn more complex tasks but aren’t designers or developers
- Code Creators, designers or developers who want to learn about topics such as site set-up, theme design, plugin development, development best practices and more
The Happiness Bar will certainly be available at WordCamp Ottawa 2014. The Happiness Bar is a special activity at WordCamp where local and visiting WordPress experts offer help and advice to attendees who come to the Bar with questions.
The Ottawa WordPress Group
WordCamp Ottawa originated with The Ottawa WordPress Group. WordPress enthusiasts from the Ottawa and surrounding area get together on the first Wednesday of each month to hear a presentation about WordPress, share information and resources, and have a bit of fun. Join us. Everyone is welcome!