Introduction to WordPress is for you if you’re a beginner who wants to learn some of the main WordPress concepts and terms before the weekend sessions. There are no prerequisites for this session. At the session, you will learn about:
- What WordPress is
- Who uses it
- What the WordPress dashboard is
- WordPress content types
- How to add content to a WordPress site, including images and video
- How to add and manage menus, sidebar widgets, themes and plugins
- Introduction to WordPress takes place Thursday, May 1, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. in Room 5050 of the Minto Centre at Carleton University
- You need to register for this session separately. To register, please select the Pre-camp “Introduction to WordPress” ONLY option.
- You can attend this session without attending the main WordCamp on the May 3 – 4 weekend.
- WiFi will not be enabled during this session.