Richard Martin is an online entrepreneur. He builds online businesses that find, engage, convert and retain customers. Before going online, Richard worked in Silicon Valley with Apple, Cisco and Broadcom. He lives in Ottawa and is one of the WordCamp Ottawa organizers. He has presented at WordCamps in Toronto, Ottawa and Montréal. He can be found at richardgmartin.me and on Twitter @richardgmartin.
Richard is presenting: WordPress Themes and Frameworks Explained
1) Why do you like using WordPress?
- A great community that provides easy access to themes, plugins, resources, and support.
- The backward compatibility protects my investment in the sites I develop.
- The platform is very scalable.
- WordPress is not only a full content management system, it is the best blogging platform out there.
2) Why did you decide to speak at WordCamp Ottawa?
I have been working with WordPress for several years. I have made mistakes and made good moves. I have learned. I want to share that learning with others.
3) What is the one thing you want people to walk away with from your talk?
Confidence that they can make a good decision regarding the next WordPress theme they select.
4) What is your favourite WordPress plugin or theme? Why?
Recently, I have been using Gravity Forms. I am super impressed with that product.