It’s a little early to welcome you to WordCamp Ottawa 2014—but the plans are underway.
As we have new details to share, we’ll post them in these pages. Feel free to let us know if you like what you see and if there’s anything you’d like us to add.
If you’re new to WordCamps you’ll want to know that they’re casual conferences where beginners, experts and everyone in-between can learn and talk about WordPress—and network.
Right now it looks like WordCamp Ottawa 2014 will take place the first few days of May. The date depends in part on the venue, though. Look for an update here soon.
Sessions over three days
The current plan is to make WordCamp Ottawa 2014 a three-day event:
- Thursday: A two-hour evening session introducing WordPress
- Saturday: A full day of 45-minute sessions in three tracks
- Sunday: A half day of 1 hour and 45 minute sessions in three tracks
Speakers and topics are being chosen to match the knowledge, experience and skills of:
- Content Creators, who want to learn how to publish content on a WordPress site
- Site Creators, who want to learn more complex tasks but aren’t designers or developers
- Code Creators, designers or developers who want to learn about topics such as site set-up, theme design, plugin development, development best practices and more
The sessions in these tracks will focus on more involved topics, such as installing a site, customizing themes, plugins and more.
The Happiness Bar and other WordCamp standards
The Happiness Bar, where WordCamp registrants can ask experts technical questions, will be available. Lunch on Saturday is expected to be included. Ticket prices will be held at close to those of last year.
Return here for updates
Whether you’re new to WordPress or an expert, you can look forward to knowledge and networking opportunities at this event. Return to this page for updates.
If you’d like to help out as a Volunteer or Speaker, we’d like to hear from you—particularly once we have our Volunteer and Speaker application pages online. Keep us in mind, meanwhile, and return to this page to learn when the application pages are ready.
If you’d like to become a Sponsor, please consider the opportunities today.
Join the Ottawa WordPress Group
And if you’re interested in learning about WordPress between now and WordCamp Ottawa 2014, please feel free to join The Ottawa WordPress Group.